Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Here's To You, Pong-Ball.

Confession: I'm a huge video game nerd. I was raised by a pack of wild Atari 2600's and their NES alpha-male. So, it's no suprise I got a kick out of this CNET article on forgotten game characters. While I'm unfamiliar with a few of them (never owned a playstation, myself), most of them are great. Even if you're not a game buff, it's worth checking out for the brilliant exposition of the pong ball's heroic angst. Plus, apparently there's a bikini-clad robot destroying chick in one of the PS Final Fantasy games. Gonna have to check that one out. And my vote for best forgoten video game character? The old man from the original Legend of Zelda. Yeah - the bald dude who hides under rocks in the middle of nowhere and speaks in broken English. My theory? The guy's Yoda's pale little brother. How CNET left out that dude is beyond me.

Oh, and if you're feeling a little nostalgic, check out this site for tons of classic games in free flash format.

No comments:

Post a Comment