Friday, February 13, 2009

Eisenhowered

In the news today, Microsoft is offering $250,000 to find out who created the Conficker worm. Apparently they already paid out $250k for info on the creater of another worm (Sasser), who was subsequently jailed by the German authorities. Now, I loathe these little virus creating twerps as much as the next guy - I'm not kidding when I say the death penalty is appropriate - but I wonder what it says about the State Capitalism and the world today when private companies are using their leverage to get law enforcement moving. For once I don't think Microsoft is being totally evil - they're just offering some public encouragement for justice - but it does make one wonder what effects billion dollar corporations could have on everyday life if they wanted to. Makes one recal that other evil empire, the RIA, and their legalized lawer-tossing extortion tactics against those awful, civilization threatening music pirates....Maybe next they'll offer rewards for turning in your friends...

Okay, okay - paranoia mode off. Still, those sci-fi dystopian futures ruled by corporate governments scare the shit outta me.

No comments:

Post a Comment